22 July 2010

Works in Progress

1. Stella's scrapbook. I am in love love love with Amy Butler's scrapbook papers. The scrapbook itself is from We R Linen. It's a beautiful notebook covered in classy orange linen, but what a weird name--We R Linen. Kind of like Krispy Kreme and Klassy Kuts. I guess I am a nut for correct spelling (and doughnuts from Krispy Kreme when the Hot Now light is on).


2. My first Waldorf doll. It has been sitting in its current unfinished state since March. Waiting for Judy to come and help me finish it. In the meantime, I have experimented with dyeing knit fabric with tea to achieve a skin-like color, and have begun a couple of other dolls so I could practice getting their heads just-so since that is the first (and possibly most complicated) step of making these very involved limbed dolls. Waldorf doll-making is what my 7/8th grade class will work on this year.
What fun to see the doll's body come to life! Doll making was never something I predicted I would get into, but especially now that I have a little girl, I want her to have mostly handmade toys--and Mama-made toys are the best.


3. Again with the school projects...these are a prototype for the slippers my 5/6th grade class will knit. This is a new challenge for me--teaching a class of about ten 10-year-olds how to knit socks on double pointed needles. O my goodness.


4. On the left you see Stella's journal. I bought it years ago at one of my favorite Boulder stores, Two Hands Paperie. It was made by Fat Cactus Studios and it is so amazing and lovely that I could never decide what to use it for. I began writing in it when I was pregnant, I plan to write her birth story in it, with pictures, and I plan to write in it covertly on occasion and gift it to her one day when she is older and the time seems right.
On the right you see my favorite thing I have ever knit. It's the Milo vest, knit up in Noro Taiyo yarn. It's so lovely and it should fit her this fall.


5. These are the birth announcements/thank you cards I made. Again, the Amy Butler scrapbook paper. I like the way they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment